To My Fellow Bloggers...

2013 is coming to an end. Crazy right? Seems like we were just getting underway! So much has happened in my life this past year. From my personal life, to my work life. Some good, some bad. But I’ve grown from every event. (Not my physical height…still standing at a measly 5’1”) And that’s what I want to continue to do in 2014. Grow. And evolve. Just like fashion.
2013 saw my love of fashion skyrocket through the roof.  Obsessing over spring lines and designer labels. It’s just what I love. (Okay, let me rewind a little bit. A few months ago I made the decision to drop out of college. I was going for a General Studies major with no interest in anything but my job and clothes. I wasn’t going to class; hell, I didn’t even have all of my books for my classes. …I spent the money clothes. Of course. So I dropped out. It was either that or ruin my already Academic Warning level GPA. (1.7 just in case you’re wondering.) Did I mention I did this all in secrecy? Imagine keeping something like that from your parents! Okay fast forward…) It wasn’t until a few months ago that I decided to make my love of fashion my career. It was one of my deciding factors in leaving school and dropping my GS major. After leaving, I deepened my research in the fashion career field and opened my eyes to a whole new world. Of course styling has always been something I’ve loved and I definitely want it to be apart of my future, but my ultimate goal is to become a buyer. Whether it be for a brand or for a larger store, like Bergdorf. 2014 will see me going back to school perusing a degree in Fashion Merchandising. I’ve literally never been so excited to go back to school!! I’ve applied to a school with the major recently and I’m anxiously awaiting the results! 2014 will also see me perusing new career opportunities. I’ve loved working for American Eagle this past year! I became my store’s lead stylist and merchandise lead; which presented challenges within themselves. But I enjoyed every minute. Yet, I think it’s my time to branch out. Really see what else is out there. Maybe stay there and intern somewhere else? Who knows! Only time will tell what that one. 2013 also saw the birth of my blog! Looking back it’s so funny to see the way I posted things and set up my shots and what I wore. I never thought I would have so many people following me, and I’d like to thank each and everyone of you for doing so. It’s not so funny to see how many times I bailed on you guys!! So 2014 will see me sticking to my posting schedule! (Which I’m starting today!) And maybe some new layouts? 2014 won’t see me doing the weekly themes for my OOTDs. I’ve been pondering that for a while now and I’m just deciding against it. I’m very sporadic when it comes to my outfits. So now expect the unexpected! ;) I’m gonna keep you guys updated with a little weekly segment if y’all don’t mind.
So, to sum it all up; New year, better me. Wishing the same to you all!


Michael Houston Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment